The EQUINOX 800 Metal Detector with Multi-IQ technology, redefines all-purpose detecting for beginners to serious enthusiasts. Adaptable for all target types and ground conditions makes the 800 a true turn and go metal detector.
Minelab Metal Detectors has rolled out a new software update for Equinox 600 and Equinox 800 metal detectors as of July 2020. To learn how to update your detector,
- The Equinox 800 has a noise cancelling feature that enables the machine to deconflict with interfering nearby detectors, power lines, or other forms of electromagnetic interference, and automatically select the optimal operating frequencies.
- This is in addition to the ground balance capability, which optimizes the detector based on soil conditions.
- Ground balancing the Equinox 800 can be done manually, as traditionally done with most detectors, or it can be set to automatic/tracking ground balance for more highly mineralized conditions or changing conditions.
- Field 2 seemed to provide the most consistency once the recovery speed slowed down to 5, and with constant ground balancing.
- The Equinox is also able to easily receive factory software updates by connecting the detector to a computer
- and following a few simple steps.